I know … I know. I said there wasn’t going to be a post today. But since gratitude is the theme for the week and I realised that there is a really big reason for being grateful this week, I thought I would do just a really quick one.
So … it’s two years since I officially went into remission! Two years since my treatment finished! How’s that?????? You can see pictures of what my remission looked like here.
And what better way to celebrate than to practice gratitude and share it with others.
As in share an “attitude of gratitude” generally, not the actual gratitude for being in remission.
What’s the big deal about gratitude?
Well apart from the fact that feeling gratitude helps to trigger all the feel-good hormones in the body, there are numerous studies that have been done on the benefits of gratitude. Some of these benefits are:
- People have reported an overall boost in happiness. Depression has also been found to decrease.
- Greater intimacy and a strengthening of the bond with a romantic partner. When we tell someone we love them and appreciate them, our relationship can deepen.
- All our relationships can benefit as we express appreciation for those in our lives.
- People become more altruistic and willing to help others.
- We can find greater meaning in our lives and value every moment of our precious existence.
To find out more about gratitude and how to develop it in your life, join me on Saturday 27 June at 2 pm. We shall discuss what gratitude is, its benefits and how to use the principles in A Course in Miracles to find it even in the most difficult of situations. And there will be time for writing, reflecting and meditating on the things you have to be grateful for in your life. And a little surprise gift that I know you will love!
I hope to see you then. In the meantime, let me know just one thing that gives you that grateful feeling today. Comment away!
Be happy. Be well. Just be.
And so be it.